Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Watercolor Birthday

The Watercolor Class is over but I am not done playing yet! In fact, it will keep me amused for a very long time. So I hope you are not getting tired of my experiments with watercolors!

Now after my very systematic beginning I was "naughty" and jumped to Day 11 because I wanted to see what tricks Mr. Tim Holtz had up his sleeves. He taught us monoprinting with stencils, something he apparently has covered in one of his online classes and books in case you have taken/read them.




I used a Plaid stencil, Distress Inks, a sentiment from Avery Elle on vellum because I didn't want to take anything away from the background, and lots of bling.

While I was typing this post the phone rang. It was my older son's teacher telling me that my son had fallen off the stage during a play and he thought we should get his arm x-rayed as my son was in pain and couldn't turn his hand. So instead of me trying out a new watercolor technique we spent the afternoon in the emergency room. Fortunately the elbow is only badly sprained. Phew!

Take care,
Susanne

3 comments:

cm said...

Tire of seeing your water-colour exeriments - not going to happen! You being 'naughty' to check out T's lessons - brilliant! Your card that resulted from your experiment and naughtiness - awesome!! Stunning background, and the AE sentiment embossed, is so eye-catching. So sorry to hear about your son's injury: OUCH! Wishing him a speedy recovery! I imagine some spoiling and pampering will be coming his way from his amazing mom! Hugs~c

Manuela said...

Hallo Susanne, oh das ist ja wirklich Glück im Unglück, gut das nichts gebrochen ist, wünsche deinem Sohn gute Besserung!
Deine Blumenkarte ist sehr hübsch geworden. Viele Grüße Manuela

Darnell said...

I'm glad to hear that your son didn't break his arm, although sometimes a sprain can be just about as bad, poor guy! I'm not able to accomplish anything Tim, but you certainly didn't have any problems with it! Another outstanding job, Susanne!! Me? I'm still at a dead stop at Day Five. Darn ol' real life anyway!! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...