Friday, May 16, 2014

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - die cuts

On day 4 of the Watercolor Class Shari Carroll showed us how to use Gelatos and Markers directly on bold stamps. I dug out some old Hero Arts Real Flowers stamps (anybody remember those?) that I think are perfect for the watercolor technique. I started with Gelatos and then got on a roll and tried the few Distress Markers that I own and then I even used my half dried up Marvy Markers. Each time I spritzed it 2 to 3 times without reinking. So far I only have on finished card to show you. It's the one with the Distress Markers. First the result of my "scientific" project. On the right you see the image after the first spritz, on the left after I spritzed it again.




I was looking to add some interest to the mustard layer but all my border punches were too overpowering. I think the Simon Says curved edge is just perfect. I received it yesterday and used it on the same day!!! That has never happened before, I think!

As the theme at their Wednesday Challenge is die cuts I am sending it over there. 

I hope to show you my experiments with Gelatos and dried Markers next time. Stay tuned...

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,
Susanne

Stamps: Hero Arts (flowers), Stampabilities (sentiment)
Die: Simon Says Stamp (curved edge)

5 comments:

Darnell said...

Excellent, Susanne! This technique (as you prolly figured out from my cards - I even have one more yet to post, hee) is my favorite. I just love the results you got with it and how you turned your sweet flowers into a wonderful sympathy card!! Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Have to try this! Looks great! Time to pull out my Gelatos, before they dry up...

cm said...

Be-YOU-ti-ful! A+++ on this technique, Susanne! You've selected stamps that work perfectly for your 'lesson' and the resulting sympathy card is nothing short of perfect: soft and gentle, as such cards should be. Darn, but you're almost getting me to the point of signing up for the class!! Awesome card, my friend! Hugs~c

maria f. said...

This is a lovely sympathy card, Susanne. Guess I should have taken that class...

cheiron said...

Gorgeous flowers. Great technique! Thanks so much for playing along with the Die Crazy Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...