Wednesday, May 7, 2014

OCC Watercolor - more of Day 1

I am back with another card for Day 1. This time I tried the technique from the third video of the first day. Kristina Werner showed us how to do the emboss resist technique using watercolors. Without further ado




It is hard to see on the photo all the different shades of blue I used. The background is from Hero Arts, the sentiment from Studio G, and the die cut from Impression Obsession (NBUS!!!).

I tried the technique from the first video of the first day two more times with heavier paper and it still didn't come out like in Jennifer's video. I might be able to use part of it, we'll see...

A little while ago I learned through the grapevine in blogland (should we call it blogvine?) that my friend Cornelia's had a birthday. This is the card I sent her. This was before the class started when I was playing around with my watercolors as they recommended. I used colors that I have seen on her blog in the hopes she would like them.  I had so much fun just painting those stripes that I could see myself doing only that forever! The sentiment is from Avery Elle in my favorite font at the moment.




Ok, time to do more homework and watch more videos...

I am glad you stopped by! Enjoy the day,
Susanne


7 comments:

Kim M said...

I think both your cards turned out fantastic! I especially love the first one. Reminds me of Van Gogh. So lovely! :-)

cm said...

I second Kim's comment: two fabulous cards! The stripes in the first are fabulous; the swirls in the sky on the second, awesome! Looks like you're rockin' your assignments!! Hugs~c

Darnell said...

Oh, Susanne that swirly background stamp makes the most awesome watercolored sky for your sweet new home card! I love it! Cornelia's birthday card is great, too, with those beautiful bright stripes!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

That swirly sky is awesome, Susanne ... I see lots of different blues in it! Love Cornelia's card ... gorgeous colours and you know I'm going to love those splendid stripes! Anita :)

maria f. said...

Love those blue and green tones. I'm sure Cornelia loved your card. And I agree that that font is wonderful.

Sian Ridley said...

Ah, some more watercolour beauties! I'm sure Cornelia loved her card - how could anyone not?!! I love the swirls in your sky-scape - scrumptious!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Die erste Karte erinnert mich an Niederbayren....Heimweh......Ja und ide zweite Karte - die verschoenert jetzt meinen Kaminsims - und da macht sie sich einfach praechtig! :)

Noch einen schoenen Sonntag und Alles Gute zum Muttertag! Cornelia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...