Friday, March 4, 2016

Graphic Birthday Card (more triangles, but different ones)

I really need to get to bed, but want to post this card before I do. Made it for my friend Gabrielle and was inspired by a fused glass plate that she made (check out her gorgeous work glassART by Gabrielleand that I bought as a Christmas present for my sister and brother-in-law. It looked much cooler in glass, of course. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the plate... Anyway, it was opaque grey and had this strip of translucent overlapping triangles in different tones of blue on one side. I took some artistic license and added yellow and green.






Stamps: PTI (triangles), SSS (sentiment)


Challenge (gorgeous cards by the DT and in the gallery... You might want to check it out):

Inkspirational #103 "Geometric"
You might have noticed that I love geometric shapes and just might have to play again...







Good night!

12 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit

sandie said...

Love hearing how you were inspired and love the grey base here. Thanks for joining Ink x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Thanks for the inspiration explanation Susanne! One for my 'CASE File' methinks (with link if that's OK). Have a lovely weekend my friend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Unknown said...

As always, I am incredibly touched and inspired by your artistic inclination and talent.

papierelle said...

Wow, das sieht ja großartig aus!!
LG Gundi

Anita in France said...

Wow, Susanne ... cool, stylish, chic ... and completely fabulous ... you've showcased those sketched triangles so perfectly! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

I've been trying for over a week to come up with a geometric card & boy did you nail it! Fabulous work, Susanne!

Happy Dance said...

Oh this is fabulous, Susanne! Those triangles are amazing! I kept looking and seeing more color and more layers. What a great card!! Love how it pops against your gray base too. So cool. Bev

Nonni said...

What a stylish, clean look. I love the grey base. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

maria f. said...

So CAS. So artistic. So cool.

cm said...

WOW! Your sketched triangles are gorgeous, Susanne...such pretty colours and talk about marvelous alignment! If I tried something like this, I'd wind up with geometric glop! Stylish and classy! So thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery with this gem...
hugs~c

Pia Larsen said...

FAB, CAS & perfection!
Thank you for playing with us at INK for our Geometric Challenge.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge :)
Pia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...