Sunday, March 6, 2016

Big Flower with Stenciled Background

Do you know the Make It Monday feature on the PTI blog?  This week I loved Betsy Veldman's stenciled ombre background technique plus I had ordered PTI's first stencils and wanted to try one of them out.






Stamps: Stampendous (flower), PTI (sentiment)
Other: stencil (PTI), Faber Castell Polychromos, Marvy ink pads


I used two different colors of Marvy ink pads. It does require some time and patience to achieve a nice smooth ombre background but I like how it came out. Then I used one of the stencils in the 3-pack. The flower was stamped and colored with Polychromos (lots of layering and shading. A gold embossed sentiment on a strip of vellum finished the panel that is mounted on a 5x7 card. I like the graphic pattern paired with the flower. 

I am sending this card to the following 
Challenges (as always, click on the links to see the fabulous cards of the DT and in the gallery):






The stencil and the flower are my "Never Before Used Stuf"

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)















I appreciate your visits and comments and wish a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Susanne

23 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! That flower is just gorgeous and I love the background that you've created! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cathy said...

Wow! What a stunning colour combo Susanne. Beautiful card, Cathy x

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is so pretty Susanne! Love the colour of your background and your flower is beautiful.

Greta said...

Oh wow, Susanne--this is just gorgeous! I think I "need" this stencil!

Linda Callahan said...

Your background is gorgeous.....and that flower just pops! Fabulous card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous ombré background, Susanne ... that bold, beautifully coloured bloom is fabulous against it! Hugs, Anita :)

papierelle said...

Die Blüte ist ein richtiger Eyecatcher auf dem toll gestalteten Hintergrund!!
LG Gundi

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I LOVE that beautiful, big, bold bloom against that beautifully sponged background Susanne my friend! So eye-catching! Have a very lovely week! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Echt toll! Diese Zinnie ist super! Ich mag Zinnien total gerne. Wusste gar nicht, dass PTI auch stencils hat....na ja, ich kann ja nicht alles haben...

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your background turned out really nicely! What great colors!
TFS!
~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

Jen Timko said...

Your ombre is perfect....seriously amazing! Love how the flower pops against it. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Nora Noll said...

This is AMAZING!! I ADORE the colors the you used. The flower POPS off this green!!

aufspapiergebracht said...

Guten Morgen;))
Ich arbeite eigentlich nie mit so einer tollen Hintergrundgestalltung - sollte es unbedingt mal ausprobieren!! Super Karte - tolle Farbzusammenstellung und dann dieser eyecatcher!!
Ganz liebe Grüsse Elisabeth

aufspapiergebracht said...

Guten Morgen;))
Ich arbeite eigentlich nie mit so einer tollen Hintergrundgestalltung - sollte es unbedingt mal ausprobieren!! Super Karte - tolle Farbzusammenstellung und dann dieser eyecatcher!!
Ganz liebe Grüsse Elisabeth

Sarn said...

LOVE this very striking card xxx

Kim M said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colours you used and your ombré background looks amazing! Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Happy Dance said...

Oh Susanne! Your ombre is gorgeously done! And what a pretty color too. This is just fantastic. Sweet flower and I always love sentiments on vellum. Great card! Bev

Megan said...

I love the color combo! So pretty!

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome stencil and technique, Susanne! Love that bold, beautiful flower too!

cm said...

Your polychromos coloured flower...oh my STARS! Gorgeous...and aren't those pencils fun to work with! Your colouring/shading is so impressive! The stenciling, the layout, the flower (swooning!)...in love!
Hugs~c

Cathy P said...

Your gorgeous card caught my attention in the NBUS gallery so I had to pop over and read more. I love the big, bold flower and your stenciled background!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful!

Manuela said...

deine Karte ist sehr schön geworden, der Hintergrund sieht klasse aus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...