Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy (belated) Birthday, Anita!


There is a big birthday party happening today for Anita from My Papercraft World.  I am a big fan of her work and she leaves the kindest comments to her fellow bloggers.

It was the idea of our sweet friends Bev from Happy Dance and Darnell from djkardkreations. Thank you so much for organizing this surprise party! Apparently Anita's birthday was on February 18th but we found out too late so Bev and Darnell decided to hold the party a month later. Hopefully Anita will accept belated birthday wishes and cards! ;)

To honor you, Anita, I wanted to CASE one of your cards. There are so many that inspire me but for today I picked this one:






And this is what I made:






I hope, Anita, you don't think it's too "triste" but as I explained in my last post I really love grey at the moment and was hoping it would look elegant and festive. I didn't use the same technique as you did in your card but cut strips of different shades of grey (the dark one is graphite, not black) and one of silver glitter paper, stamped the Hero Arts background in different grey inks (and one in silver) and taped them above and below the silver embossed sentiment. 

So with this, Anita, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and wish you many more happy and healthy ones!

Now, everyone please check out the rest of the birthday cards over at Darnell's Playhouse  and feel free to join in. Darnell said the link button will be open for a couple of weeks. The champagne, food, and cake are over at Happy Dance. It all looks scrumptious! I'll see you over there...

Because of all the different greys I used (9 in total - silver is kind of a grey, right?) I would like to send this over to CAS-ual Fridays #129

ETA: My dear friend Cornelia pointed out that I should also send this card over to keep it simple where the theme is stripes and so I am doing just that! 

Big hugs to all of you,
Susanne

Stamps: Hero Arts (dotted flower background), Avery Elle (sentiment)

14 comments:

Petra Swart said...

This is a beautiful CASE of Anita's card, Susanne! Loving all the grey and silver.

Happy Dance said...

Oh Susanne!! Anita will be so thrilled with the beautiful card you've made! Your CASE is such a wonderful tribute of her sweet card!!! I've always loved gray, and this card has me drooling with delight! The silver embossing...what can I say, except that it's the perfect touch for this card. Sooo glad you were able to celebrate our special bloggy friend Anita. She's just going to love this card, and your sweet, sweet post. LOVE this card. Bev : )

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ah, sehr elegant! Gefaellt mir gut! Kannst beim KIS mitmachen, das Thema ist Streifen.

Darnell said...

Susanne, you did a beautiful CASE of Anita's card, while making it totally your own. That is the whole idea of doing a CASE. It really is elegant and festive and, to me, just right for our friend Anita!! (And for the CFC challenge!) Thank you for joining the surprise party!! Hugs, Darnell

Rosmarie said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte! Die grauen Töne sehen sehr edel aus.
Die würde ich wirklich gerne in meiner Aktion sehen wenn du Lust dazu hast.
Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag...
LG Rosi

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous and elegant!!! Love the touches of silver!!!

Rosmarie said...

Vielen Dank liebe Susanne, dass du meinem Aufruf gefolgt bis.
Ich freue mich wirklich sehr über diese elegante Karte und deine lieben Geburtstagswünsche♥
Eigentlich wollte ich ja nur den blauen Frosch testen aber dazu brauchte ich etwas womit ich ihn ausprobieren kann und weil ich halt gerade Geburtstag habe, dacht ich mir ich mach es damit...
Ich wünsch dir was schönes.....

Anita in France said...

Wow, Susanne ... you CASEd one of my cards ... thank you so much! I love the elegant grey shades, the wonderful stamped patterns and the gorgeous glisteny silver embossing on the sentiment ... not triste at all ... simply and beautifully festive! Thank you so much too for your sweet words and lovely wishes ... and for joining in to make my big surprise birthday bash such a special one! Anita :)

cm said...

Wow, Susanne - your take on Anita's card is simply splendid - gorgeous, elegant, classy. I see that Anita is quite impressed with how beautiful it is, as am I! The grey, silver embossing, stripes, patterns...stunning!
c

Brenda said...

What a fabulous cased card! I love those shades of silver/grey papers! I love the pattern on those papers too. The sentiment running through is so cool looking. Love this idea! Hugs

Joni Andaya said...

FABULOUS!!!! Love these Susanne! FANTASTIC :)

donna mikasa said...

Great graphic design and a wonderful take on Anita's card!
Thanks for linking it up to CASual Fridays!

Sarah G said...

Great card, Susanne - love the silvers and greys, they are a favourite of mine too! The design is fantastic :)

Sian Ridley said...

Oh. My. This is absolutely stunning!!! I love a good monochrome card is this is fantastic! There's not much more I can say, I love it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...