Saturday, August 12, 2017

Embossed Map of the world

Another thing I love are maps. Looking at maps, decorating with maps, buying craft supplies featuring maps, etc. Maybe it has to do with my love for traveling... There are two challenges at the moment that have a map theme and have inspired me to play. Even though I have a lot of stamps featuring maps I decided to take out this NBUS embossing folder.





Stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment)
Other: Darice (embossing folder)


I dry embossed it on watercolor paper, went over the continents with an embossing marker and heat embossed them with different shades of embossing powders, then watercolored the oceans.


Challenges 
(click on the links for more information and lots of inspiration from the DTs and the galleries):

Time Out Challenge #89 - Photo Challenge






The Male Room Challenge #66 - Maps/Coordinates







ETA: Darnell suggested that I should enter it here (she is GD, check it out)
Just Us Girls Challenge #406 - Shine






Virginia's Summer Blog Party







And now finally some photos of my hometown.



The town hall



The last remaining tower of the old rampart at night



Yep, my hometown has gone artsy and colorful




And another empty house used as a canvas


And one more thing: You have to know that I am never one of the first to buy something, read a book or see a new movie. Don't know why I prefer to wait and see... But here is one of the rare exceptions. 




When the MISTI first came out I thought I didn't need it because I still have lots of wood mounted stamps. But then so many of you raved about it and showed techniques that one can do with it. So I slowly decided to get one. I hemmed and hawed (mainly because of the price) and hemmed and hawed some more until Tim Holtz introduced his stamping platform in January. I preordered it and finally got it a couple of weeks ago. Since I don't have the MISTI I can't really compare it. I can just tell you that I like how it works and that I am happy to finally own one of those fancy stamping positioners.


Be well,


19 comments:

Nora Noll said...

I love the photos of your home town!! Those empty houses are FUN!!

The card you created is really cool. I like the dry embossed background and the fun map stamp that you chose. Great design!!

Darnell said...

I love your beautiful map card, Susanne! And I love your staging!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos! I'm delighted you finally have a stamp platform; you will love it! (Hint, hint: The shine on your map would fit perfectly in the Just Us Girls challenge!) Hugs, Darnell

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful shades of heat-embossing of the continents, Susanne!
And I love the artsy and colorful buildings in your hometown. Amazing!! I'm sure you'll love your stamp platform. My misti has improved my stamping, and made it much easier! Hideko :-)

Darnell said...

P.S. Thanks for hopping over to JUGS and joining in, Susanne!! Hugs, Darnell

sandie said...

This is stunning, I love the texture and shine. Amazed you heat embossed over dry embossing, I didn't think that would work but you sure made it look amazing. Your home town looks gorgoeus, very arty. Thanks for joining Time Out

Loll said...

LOVE your card. The embossed continents are amazing. Such a fantastic design Susanne. And loved see some of your home town. It's really beautiful ... and yes, totally artsy!! Congrats on your new stamping tool. You're going to have fun with it! xx

papierelle said...

Was für eine tolle Idee und die Gestaltung ist noch viel viel schöner!!
Bin begeistert!!
LG Gundi

cm said...

Your map card, with all the shine and lines of latitude and longitude, is amazing! Yes, your love for maps is certainly evident! How intriguing your photos of your hometown; the colourful houses are incredible! As for adding a stamp positioner to your collection: excellent! I can't create anything without my Misti!
Hugs~c

Greta said...

So fun to see your pictures from Germany, Susanne! Would love to know the name of your hometown. Hubby was stationed in Bad Kreutznach & I can't remember where else. He's enjoyed seeing your pictures & I'll show him these, too. Your card is absolutely the winner!! What a creative & wonderful card--totally love it! I wasn't going to get the MISTI either, but finally after someone showed me how to use it to get perfectly stamped die cuts & the mini came out--I caved. Unfortunately, I've often wished it was bigger for stamping off the edge, so I also pre-ordered the TH Platform. I have way too many wood mounted stamps to take them all off the wood--plus that would make it hard to see what they are, but must admit when I use them I often wish they could go in the positioner. In fact, I've been using my old 2 part positioner way more often & with pretty good results for the wood mounted stamps. Wishing you a great week!

Judy Woodland said...

What a wonderful card. I love what you have done with that map, the colors are gorgeous and your design is just perfect!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!
Judy~ JUGS DT Challenge Host
{Judy's Happy Place}

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love how you shaped the focal panel Susanne! Great design! Fabulous photographs of your home town! What fun buildings, would love to see something that artsy in our town! Have a great week! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Rosmarie said...

Diese Karte sieht fantastisch aus, ganz ehrlich! Wie genau Du all die Kontinente hinbekommen hast, einfach genial! Je te tire mon chapeau !!
Die Bilder von Deiner Heimatstadt sind auch sehr schön - verrätst Du mir wo sie sich befindet? Bin zwar auch aus dem Süden aber der ist halt recht groß und ich bin schon sehr jung nach Frankreich weggezogen und nicht viel in Deutschland rumgekommen.
Ich wünsch Dir was schönes, liebe Grüße Rosi

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This card is GORGEOUS! and I am so curious as to how it is that the dry embossed grid did not come through on these lucious continents! I love the arcs at the top and bottom of the grid piece. The variety of embossing powders you used on the continents look fantastic. Love the sentiment as well. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Macimbalo said...

Really love your creation! It has pretty elements and love the shine! Great sentiment too! Thanks for linking up to JUGS this week!

Anita in France said...

What a cool card, Susanne ... the shine and texture from the embossed continents is fantastic ... they're brilliant against the yummy watery blue oceans! Gorgeous photo's, thank you ... and congratulations on getting your stamp positioner ... you'll love it ... wouldn't be without mine (it's a MISTI). Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Karinas Paradies said...

WOW die Karte ist WUNDERVOLL, klasse hast Du es hinbekommen, bin hin und weg.
Liebe Grüße
Karina

Deborah Frings said...

That card is fantastic. I love the embossed background grid, the watercoloured ocean and the different embossed textures on the map! Just brilliant. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room Maps/Coordinates Challenge. Deborah, DT. PS Love the photos too!

Greta said...

Still have to say, your card is the winner, Susanne! Congrats on the shout-out!

sandie said...

congrats for getting Honours at Time Out x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...