Sunday, April 29, 2018

Orange Flower in Green Foliage

When I saw Beverly's card (here) using the current sketch at CAS Sketches and Colours I fell in love with it! I couldn't help but CASE her card and the only reason I that kept me from using some thread is that I didn't want to downright copy her...

As you can see I was in a tropical kind of mood...





Stamps: leaf for background is an unknown, unmounted stamp
Dies: My Favorite Things (flowers, scalloped rectangle)

I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for a way to add a sentiment and picking out one that would fit. In the end I decided to leave it like that. Not every card needs a sentiment IMHO...


Challenges:

CAS Colors and Sketches #269 - Sketch






Just Us Girls Challenge #438 - Photo Inspiration






Thanks for stopping by! Hope your week will be a fabulous one...

Be well and keep in touch!


12 comments:

Trina P. said...

Wonderful card, Susanne! I’m not sure if it’s really a CASE... or just you just playing along with the sketch. 😉 That foliage background looks amazing... the flower pops against it beautifully. xx

Käthe said...

Awwwww… das sage ICH jetzt! Was ist das schön! Eigentlich ist orange nicht unbedingt mein Farbfavorit, aber zusammen mit dem Grün ist es großartig.
Und der Stift… hihi, der ist super!
Ganz lieben Gruß
Katrin

Jeanne said...

Very cute card - I love the foliage background; it contrasts nicely with the flower. Thank you for joining us at CC&S this week.

Cathy P said...

Fun take on this week's sketch! Love the colors and your flower!! So glad you made time in your week to play along with us at CC&S.

Greta said...

Love your use of the sketch, Susanne! That flower is so beautiful & you're right--no sentiment needed!

Loll said...

This is so pretty Susanne. Love that leafy background with that bright pop of colour from your pretty layered orange flower. Definitely perfect the way it is with the sentiment on the inside! xx

Christine said...

Wow! Tolle Effekte sind da entstanden! Sieht super gut aus, liebe Susanne!
Liebe Grüße
Christine

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the tropical feel of this card -- great inspired project. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Anita in France said...

Bold and deliciously tropical, Susanne ... the bright orange bloom amid the palm leaves is fabulous! I'm with you about the sentiment ... I often forget about planning one in my design and then struggle to decide where it fits!! Hugs, Anita :)

MaryH said...

It's just perfect without a sentiment. I'm loving the way you've done the leaf stamping around the green top layer. The hot tropical flower shows off very stunningly with the darker green behind it, and as the aperture image you've designed. Well done! TFS & Have a great Sunday.

Katrin79 said...

Ein Hauch Exotik auf deiner Karte. Sieht super aus.
Sonnige Grüße Katrin

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so tropical and pretty, Susanne! I love the color combination - the leafy green background and the layered orange flower with the yellow gem in the center. The photo styling is fantastic with the cool pen! Hideko xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...