Monday, January 23, 2017

Raindrop Card

So many inspiring challenges, so little time! I wish I could make cards for them all...

This weekend I managed to make this one for the current CAS Mix Up Challenge (one of my famous last minute entries...) We are supposed to use liquid colors and I used a blue spray mist from Prima Flowers to spritz through a raindrop stencil. Once it was dry I positioned the stencil back on top of the raindrops and covered them with Gloss Heavy Gel that I use instead of Clear Embossing Paste (learned that from Loll). After it dried I sponged some Distress Inks over it and splattered it with water. The umbrella top is cut from a snippet made of glossy cardstock and alcohol inks.






Stamp: Art Impressions (sentiment) 
Dies: Memory Box (umbrella), SSS (fish tail)
Other: Stencil (SSS)


Challenge (click on the link for more information and lots of inspiration from the DTs and the galleries):


CAS Mix Up January Challenge 




If you would like to see a different card I made using this fun sentiment and umbrella click here.


Be well,


15 comments:

Greta said...

Love that sentiment--great card, Susanne!

Loll said...

LOVE those sparkly raindrops ... so pretty Susanne! And the AI umbrella is just perfect. Great sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Da hat Dich wohl das Wetter inspiriert! Schicler Schirm! So ein verregneter Winter! Ist es bei Euch auch so warm?

Susan said...

Great job getting two forms of liquid colours in there with the spray and the snippet that used AIs. Love the way you did the raindrop panel! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Happy Dance said...

Oh I like this one, Suzanne!! Those sparkling raindrops are amazing!! I know it took some time to create, but the finished product is sooo worth it! This is just cool!! And what a perfect sentiment, too. Very cool card! Bev

scrappymo! said...

the shimmery raindrops look fabulous Great card!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful raindrop panel, Suzanne! I love the combination of glossy big drops and the more subtle splattered drops! A gorgeous umbrella too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Susanne ... the shimmery raindrops are fantastic ... and I love the sentiment, especially with that delicate brolly! Hugs, Anita :)

MaryH said...

DOn't we ALL learn such a lot from our Loll! I've never used this particular type of gel, so you can bet I'll be on the hunt for it. Your raindrops are very dimensional, look quite 'wet' drizzling on this fab umbrella. Also like how nice the vellum supports the raindrops too. The vellum and blue look so pretty with the kraft. A lovely color & texture combo as well as great design layout! Love it! Sentiment is wonderful and perfect with this design too. TFS

Anonymous said...

Favorite sentiment so I just had to try to comment again:)The card is as lovely as mine!

Unknown said...

Trés jolie carte Susanne ! Les gouttes d'eau sont superbes, je ne connais pas ce gel mais le rendu est génial ! Et quel magnifique sentiment (et si vrai !)! Merci de partager !

Mrs A. said...

Love that sentiment and the cute umbrella. So wish there were more hours in a day and more days in the week for all the crafts I want to do. Hugs Mrs A.

BożenA said...

So many techniques on one card! I love your raindrops are very beautiful. I also love umbrella, it looks amazing. Oh, this card is so beautiful!
Hugs,
BożenA

Rosmarie said...

Schöne Farben hat dein Regenschirm und die Karte gefällt mir auch sehr gut. So einen könnte ich momentan auch gebrauchen! Schreckliches Wetter hier, und über's Wochenende ist noch dazu starker Sturm angesagt! - Hoffe dass wir heil durchkommen.

cm said...

Fabulous sparkly raindrop and that umbrella! Oh my...I had one like it years ago (hmmm...wonder where it went...). An all-around lovely, heart-warming card!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...