Saturday, July 16, 2016

Happy Birthday with Wild Hibiscus

First I would like to apologize about the long breaks between posts. Working, visitors, traveling, summer activities etc. don't leave much time for crafting let along writing a blog. I don't like that one bit and feel like my batteries are slowly draining and I need to recharge them in my craft area.

Today I do have a card for you that I made for a Cardologist friend. We had recently talked about both owning Altenew's Wild Hibiscus set and not having played with it yet. So she challenged me to use it for her birthday card.





In the close up you can see the Wink of Stella shimmer:




And here the glittery flower centers:




Stamps: Altenew (flowers, leaves, butterfly), Winnie & Walter (sentiment)
Other: Stencil (My Favorite Things)

I stamped the flowers, butterfly, and leaves on watercolor paper, colored them with distress inks, and cut them out. The stenciled background I made a while ago on a Thursday night. It belongs to Dora. Thought it worked well on this card.


Challenges:


Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Flora and Fauna"



Simon Monday Challenge Blog



The Mixed Media Card Challenge #25 "Sparkle"







Seize the Birthday "Bold and Bright"







Thank you so much for your visit and your sweet comments. They never fail to cheer me up!

Be well,




16 comments:

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Susanne, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Greta said...

I bet your friend just loves this card, Susanne! Gorgeous flowers & wonderful design!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I'm so glad your friend challenged you to use this fabulous set, you have created a masterpiece! I used the same set not long ago and made five different cards with it (for an online challenge) - it is so versatile! Isn't it funny how we don't get round to using some fabulous sets until we are challenged! Have a wonderful Sunday! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Nora Noll said...

Oh WOW!! This is STUNNING!! I am glad that your friend challenge you. Your card is just so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Miss our calls already - hopefully this post cheers you up :)

Happy Dance said...

She'll be pleased to see this, as it's really beautiful. That WoS really makes your elements pop, and I love the background you've created; it reminds me of a trellis. The curved corner really adds softness too. This is so pretty, and I just love it. Bev

cheiron said...

SO pretty. I love the flowers Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Loll said...

Absolutely amazing design using your new wild hibiscus stamp set, Susanne! Gorgeous colours, beautiful design and love the shimmer from the wink, heat embossing and glittery flower centers. Great job! xx

Jodene said...

This is a beautiful card and I love how you have coloured those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Anita in France said...

Simply gorgeous, Susanne ... the Wink of Stella shimmer and embossed shine are just delicious! You may not be crafting very much (I can so relate!), but you've not lost your wonderful creative touch, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne said...

Hallo Susanne,
eine traumhaft schöne Karte hast Du da gewerkelt und die Coloration ist richtig, richtig toll. Ja, Wink of Stella liebe ich auch. ;-)
Liebe Grüße
Susanne

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a gorgeous card mf...love the colours
tfs
hugs,
Karen

Rosmarie said...

Das kenne ich auch, Stempel die man schon lange hat und die noch immer unbenutzt sind! Toll, dass deine Freundin dir diese Herausforderung gestellt hat - eine wunderschöne Karte ist dadurch entstanden!!
Ganz liebe Grüsse
Rosi

Neha said...

Wow card, Susanne! Love the placement of that butterfly brilliant!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh, super! Ein richtiges Meisterwerk!

papierelle said...

Sooooo schön und der kleine Schmetterling ist da i-Tüpfelchen!!!
LG Gundi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...