Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Two Cards with a Gingko Leaf

With the kids home during the summer I don't have as much time to create but this year I have gotten better at making cards with little snippets of time!

Today I even have two cards for you! They are similar and feature both a gingko leaf die cut from Impression Obsession that has been living in my NBUS pile for too long! I had a scrap of green, watercolored paper and there was room for two leaves thus the two cards. Hard to see is that I gold embossed around the edges of the leaves. Should have taken a close-up - dang! Now it's too dark...


keepintouchcards.blogspot.com


Stamps: Hero Arts ( woven square), Stampin' Up (sentiment
Die: Impression Obsession (leaf)




keepintouchcards.blogspot.com


Stamps: Altenew (sentiment), burlap background unmounted/unknown
Die: Impression Obsession (leaf)
Other: Washi (Ranger, Stampin' Up, Little B)


Challenges:













Since I used a snippet for the leaves I am popping over to the 
to say hi to Parsnip (hope he remembers me because I haven't been there in so long...)

This week, the queen of the Playground, Di, is a Guest Designer at "Less is More" this week I am also sending my cards there wishing Chrissie a very Happy Birthday!



We'd love you to display our banner


Now, look at that! The challenge stars have aligned wonderfully for me today! 
Let me know if you prefer one card over the other!

Thanks so much for visiting! Absolutely love reading your sweet comments!

Hugs,
Susanne


18 comments:

Sarah G said...

These are fab, Susanne! Love the vibrancy of that watercoloured green against the Kraft and the added texture of that background stamp. Great use of your snippets and lovely earthy cards! Thanks for playing along with us at TO :)

sandie said...

These are fab Susanne and I can see the gold embossing and this was a great idea. Fab to see you at TO and Ink x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great cards, especially seeing that you did them during 'snatched' moments of time Susanne! Congrats on using some NBUS too! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Elegant, striking and fantastic snippet use Susanne.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anita in France said...

That zesty green gingko leaf is gorgeous with the kraft, Susanne ... and perfect with the gold embossed edges! They're both deliciously CAS ... I'm particularly taken with the first ... love the movement created by the splatters and the font in the sentiment! Yum! Your snippets of time crafting turned out to be magical, my friend! Anita :)

Di said...

Hi Susanne - how lovely to see you back in the Snippets Playground. Parsnip does get fretful when friends go missing :)

Two beautiful cards and no way can I pick a favourite!

Hugs

Di xxi

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so pretty!

Lisa Kind said...

Love how you used the scrap to your favor! And I love the gold edging on the leaft too! Very pretty cards! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Happy Dance said...

I spotted the gold embossing right away. Perfect addition to the beautifully watercolored leaves! Love how you've made two similar, yet nicely different cards. The kraft really makes that green pop, and I love the burlap behind them. While I like them both very much, I think the first one would just edge out as a fave. Gorgeous. Bev

Becca Cruger said...

Wowie! This is super cute!!! I have to say that I'm incredibly partial to the splatters! The washi tape is super cool too, but the splatters have my heart.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ginkos mag ich besonders gern! Die Karte mit dem Wahi tape gefaellt mir besonders gut! Nur die Spritzer fehlen.

Anita in France said...

Just spotted your ginkgo leaves at Time Out, Susanne ... was so taken with them I missed that first time around! Delighted, as ever, to have you playing along with us! Anita :)

Neets B said...

Two fab cards and loving the green/gold/kraft combo here. What a great leaf die and I particularly love those splatters.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

cm said...

Two delights that I adore equally! The green/kraft combination is eye-catching! Who knew a ginkgo leaf could be so stunning! Thanks so much for sharing at Iinkspirational!
Hugs~c

MaryH said...

Two really well designed & pretty CAS. Love the watercolored Gingko. It worked so beautifully against the kraft & burlap texture. Adding washi on #2 was a pretty extra detail as well. So pleased to see you took a little zip over to see Parsnip...he will just love these too. TFS & Happy Sunday

Dora B. said...

Oh, I can't decide if I like the washi tape or the speckles best. You have a great talent to know just how to place your elements. .

papierelle said...

Ich liebe Gingko und Deine Karten. Habe selbst vier Gingkobäumchen, aus kleinen Minis selbst groß gezogen. Jetzt weisen sie schon eine stattliche Größe von ca. 30 cm auf. Einer von ihnen wird in den nächsten Jahren im Garten gepflanzt, die anderen werde ich verschenken.
LG Gundi
PS: Es gibt tatsächlich keine Fotos mit Rosi, denn wir hatten schlichtweg vergessen, welche zu machen. Lag daran, das Rosi ständig in der Küche stand ..*lach*. Holen wird dann nächstes Jahr nach ..*lach*

Manuela said...

Hallo...beides sehr schöne Karten, mir gefällt besonders deine erste!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...