Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pastel Birthday with die cut flowers

The second card I needed to make after my return is for a female friend who likes softer colors. Hope she will like what I made for her! I used a background that I have made (probably with this friend) a very long time ago using shaving cream and reinkers. That was so much fun! I love making backgrounds! Most of the results were very colorful and bright but this one was more subtle. I used NBUS flower dies and more dew drops! Cut the flowers from blue watercolor paper that I had in my stash.


keepintouchcards.blogspot.com



Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly (sentiment)
Dies: MFT (flowers), swirl unknown


Challenges:

CAS(E) this Sketch #131






Time Out #35 "Nature" (no twist)



Before I show you some pictures from our trip please help me welcome two new followers:

Bonnie from "Stamping with Klass"
Bonnie makes beautiful CAS cards, is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, and on several Design Teams

Mary from "Carolina Cards by MaryH"
Another well-known, friendly blogger and Design Team member that has been very active in blogland since 2012!

Go ahead and visit my new friends, get inspired by their gorgeous work and leave them some love!

My welcoming quote is from J.K. Rowling

We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already; we have the power to imagine better.


And now, as promised, some pictures. I'll start with the Lake Tahoe area that we visited first.



Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe



near Emerald Bay



The whole family hiking to smaller lakes in the area




Wildflowers at Squaw Valley Ski Area
Lake Tahoe in the background


That was a long post! More pictures in the next post!
Thanks for sticking with me till the end!

Hugs,
Susanne







10 comments:

cm said...

Your friend will adore the card you've made, Susanne...the soft colours, the pretty flowers, the eye-catching background...Absolutely gorgeous! And your photos: oh my! What stunning scenery! We have an Emerald Lake in Alberta, with water that truly is emerald in colour. It's incredibly pretty, surrounded by mountains and lovely wilderness. I think you should come visit *grin*
About the Chameleon/Zig pens - two different critters! I'll write you a note once we're home...
Hugs~c

MaryH said...

Suzanne, thanks for the warm welcome. It's been a while since I had fun with the shaving cream but what a lovely background this effort made. Very delicate indeed, and the delicate shade of green matched the flourish green so nicely. Our D would be so proud of you for the NBUS work too! The tiny blue flowers and the green flourishes with the soft background & mats made a truly wonderful & serene card, and I really like the way you've done the floral arrangement too. Certainly enjoyed those fabulous trip pictures...someone is a great photographer! TFS & Hugs.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful blue flowers with their dew drop centers, Susanne! I've never tried the shaving cream but think I should! It makes a lovely backgorund! Thanks for the big welcome!

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, those photos are so amazing. What gorgeous places you visited and at such a wonderful time of year. Can't wait to see more of your holiday pics! I'm sure your friend will love your card, its so subtle with its colouring and love the delicate die-cut flowers.

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous card, Susane ... soft, subtle and such a lovely cascade of blue blooms ... love the dew drops! Stunning pictures ... what an awesome trip you had! Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Oops, in my excitement at those amazing photo's, I forgot to say how delighted I am that you're playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Gerrina said...

Such great elegant colours and design! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us

Nonni said...

Great card with beautiful die cuts, I really like the soft color palette! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Manuela said...

einfach nur traumhaft schön...

Darnell said...

Beautiful card, Susanne, and really remarkable photos! I saw the ones in your newer post, too. You were certainly blessed with gorgeous weather. It was a pleasure for me to see these photos, too, as we haven't been to some of these places in more than 20 years. We need to go again! Thank you for sharing! I'm delighted to see my little buddies Mary and Bonnie are following you! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...