Sunday, July 12, 2015

Masculine, Musical Birthday

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my last post! I am sorry if I made you envious! I wish you could all meet Darnell yourself!

Here is the first card I made after my return. I like the grunge look and grunge stamps but I don't often use that style. But since the theme at Inkspirational is "Grunge" I grunged my card a bit by adding splatters, distressed stamps, and torn washi tape.



keepintouchcards.blogspot.com



Stamps: Inkadinkado (guitar, alphabet stamps), JudiKins (crackles in upper left corner), Stampin' Up (distressed background), PSX (musical notes)
Other: Tim Holtz (washi tape)

Challenges:

Inkspirational "Grunge"





Retro Rubber Challenge #18 "Sketch"



RRCB18






July Challenge: 100% Stamped








Mine is "While my guitar gently weeps" by the Beatles





Wishing you all a fabulous week!

Hugs,
Susanne

16 comments:

Margaret said...

Great card - love the way you have used washi tape. My washi tape sits in the drawer so must try to use it!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Grunge, but still CAS somehow! Great talent! Hazel xx

MaryH said...

May be grunge, but it's still very pretty & I like it! (I'm not much into grunge in so far as actually doing it myself, but I like it on this one!) A perfect card for a music lover, with this fab image, and love the addition of the music score to the right. Nifty card. And we love visiting VT too. TFS & Hugs

Dora B. said...

Wow, you came back from vacation with ...grunge! And yet still with that special style you have... I love the colors you used and the weeping guitar.

Unknown said...

I love how you flipped the sketch! The 3 music notes are the perfect detail to your card. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun.

Jane Knudsen said...

Fantastic card! I love the musical notes as the three elements! And I will say it - You Rock! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Neva Cole said...

Great twist on the sketch, thank you for playing along with us at RRBC! I have a nephew that would really like this card!

Hannelie said...

Cool and funky Susanne!
Thanks for playing with us at Seize the birthday!

Christine Traversa said...

What a great card! Thanks so much for doing the RRBC Challenge!

shirley-bee said...

I love that distressed/grunge look! And splatters get me every time ;) Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Anita in France said...

Cool and funky, Susanne ... and perfectly splattery! Fabulous! Anita :)

cm said...

Artsy, fun and yes, polished - grunge just the way I like it! Fabulous! And I'm sooooo glad you're back, sharing your creativity with us! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!
Hugs~c

Debbie Mageed said...

Great masculine card! Perfect card for any music lover! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber this week. Hope you will join us again soon!

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, love the rotation of the sketch. I love a bit of grunge. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Cx

Deborah Frings said...

Love the song you picked. Your card is just super - fab guitar image and I do like the grunge look too. So sorry to be so late commenting (summer holiday!), thanks so much for playing along with our Song Title challenge at The Male Room. Deborah x

Darnell said...

I see I missed this outstanding card while we were away on vacation! I came to congratulate you, Susanne, on the well-deserved recognition from The Male Room for it!! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...