Friday, March 28, 2014

Another one for SSS Monday Challenge (Transparent)

I am back with another card for the Simon Says Monday Challenge - Transparent and this time it's really transparent! I just couldn't throw out the packaging some candles came in but cut it up and put it aside. Thanks to this challenge I used one piece of it.





The pink background is made with watercolor crayons and a baby wipe, the white background was my first attempt to use gesso and a stencil. The big "celebrate" is white embossed. It's from the awesome set "Shenanigans" by Cas-ual Friday Stamps that I recently won. I just love those bold and fun sayings!

Before I let you go please help me welcome a new follower: Tenia Nelson from "Jazzy Paper Designs"
Besides being an awesome card designer, Tenia is also a Jazz Pianist and music teacher. Check out her blog by clicking on the link above and see for yourself her cool, loose, and artsy style. 

I always welcome new followers with a quote and here is the one for Tenia:

Keep a green tree in your heart
and a singing bird will come.
(chinese)

Welcome Tenia and all you others who subscribe via email or just stop by for a visit and keep silently in the background. I appreciate you all!

So, have you recycled anything lately on your cards?

Enjoy your weekend,
Susanne

Stamps: Cas-ual Friday Stamps (word)
Other: Caran d'Ache (watercolor crayons), Heidi Swapp (stencil)

11 comments:

Anita in France said...

Wow, this is so striking, Susanne ... so much texture and depth ... and such a wonderful colour palette! Way to go re-purposing that packaging, it looks fabulous! Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Einfach toll - super upcycling! Ist es nicht toll wie sich manche Sachen noch weiterverwenden lassen.....Ich kann so Zeugs auch nicht wegschmeissen....

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Susanne! Love how you upcycled the piece of transparent packaging! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Sarah G said...

So many great techniques on one card, Susanne! Your stencilling looks perfect and I love the packaging which works really well with the jumbo sentiment!

Sarn said...

Really lovely card Susanne. Very pretty indeed.

You asked what I meant by Skive--itis! Well - it's a made up word for SKIVING (which means doing anything but that which you are supposed to be doing during a specific time frame). So I was away from the Snippets Playground for 2 weeks, so I told Miss Di that I had Skive-itis (sort of like I had an illness!). It was just a joke!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Diane said...

Very fun techniques and design Susanne.

Hugs diane

Deepti said...

Oh wow this looks so gorgeous, very Inspiring :) love the stamping on transparency!

Mrs A. said...

I like your brill way of attaching the acetate to the card. I always have trouble in finding a way without it showing any tape through but this is ideal. love your different techniques used on here and the pink of course. Hugs Mrs A.
P.s. that Sarn will come up with any old excuse!!!!

Rosmarie said...

Wow, Susanne, ...diese Karte ist fabelhaft! Kann mich gar nicht sattsehen! Tolle Idee, das mit dem transparentem Kerzen Packpapier, das macht echt was her!! Wie gut dass du es nicht weggeschmissen hast!
LG Rosi

Sian Ridley said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! Such a clever use of those pretty things that it is difficult to part with - I know I find myself keeping packaging and other such things 'just in case'!! Congratulations on winning those CAS-ual Fridays goodies - that's always a lovely surprise isn't it ;)

cm said...

Susanne, I'm swooning over every detail of your card - the background, the big font (aren't those large sentiments so much fun!), the up-cycled candle wrapping, the black accents! Wow, wow and wow! Water-colour crayons? You've certainly caught my interest with those. Tutorial, please...Stunning card!!
c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...