Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Happy Mail for Time Out/SSS Wednesday Challenges

Over at the Time Out Challenge our inspiration is this photo of a very inviting couch with fun pillows under this cool wooden wall art.


Say Hello: Perk up your home with a friendly welcome sign. For an added boost, choose a bright, funky color. Source: Instagram user decorame


I experienced a ping like my friend Bev does on a regular basis and it wouldn't leave me alone until I made this card. It's a pretty literal take on the photo. As a nod to the fabric of the couch I used an off white card with specks of thread or something in it. Please don't ask me who makes it because I've had it for longer than I care to admit. The big colorful pillow is cut from a postcard that I got years ago from a local museum.


keepintouchcards.blogspot.com


Stamp: Winnie & Walter (mail)
Die: MFT (happy), Spellbinders (wonky squares)
Wood Veneer Paper: Simon Says Stamp

Sending this to

Time Out Challenge #22

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - "Something New" (the happy die is new as well as the wood veneer paper)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great rest of the week,
Susanne

17 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Oh Susanne! So glad that your 'ping' kept bouncing around your brain until it became touchable!!!! This is a stunner of a card, and where I tried to make pillows earlier today, they bombed - yours are Perfect! I love this card. Bright, happy, and a winner in my book! Thanks for the shout out too - you're the best!! Bev

Cathy said...

Fabulous take on the challenge Susanne, Cathy x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Susanne and a fabulous take on the inspiration pic ! the whole design is fabulous ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sarah G said...

I love the way you incorporated the cushions in to your design - this is such a fun representation of the photo! Thanks for joining us at Time Out, Susanne :)

sandie said...

What a fab take in the photo, cool cars base and the bog cushion is an inspired idea, so good to see you in 2015 at TIME OUT x

Anita in France said...

So fun and such a fabulous interpretation of the inspiration photo, Susanne ... those wonky square cushions are just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out ... it's always a pleasure! Anita :)

Manuela said...

Hallo Susanne, tolle Umsetzung des Inspiration Photos, das bunte Kissen ist ein richtiger Eye catcher auf der Karte!

Gerrina said...

That woodfineerpaper looks so super! Love how you let the colours come back in this way! And I know the feelin; sometimes you just have to make something before you cab go on.... Thank you for joining at TIME OUT!

cm said...

Your *pestering ping* translated itself into a most awesome card; a charming, fabulous on the photo! Everything - from the 'couch' paper, the wood background, the pillows (the original postcard must be stunning, based on this glimpse!), the inlaid hello - is perfect. Love this!
Hugs~c

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Super! Wie das challenge Foto! (Danke fuer den Hinweis mit dem fehlerhaften link - hab's gleich verbessert...peinlich.....)

Neha said...

Awesome take on inspiration, Susanne. What a fun card.

Shona Chambers said...

Fantastic inspiration from the photo, its really awesome!

cm said...

Just me, with a quick note to THANK YOU for your sweet comment on my card and especially your touching comment about my 'heading home' journey tomorrow. I have a couple boxes of tissues all ready to go! Keep creating your fabulous cards: I'll be 'leaning' on them, and you, to keep my spirits up! Susanne, you enrich my life immensely!
Hugs and love to you!!
~c

Nonni said...

This is so creative! I really like how you turned the photo into a card, one can really see the link! Excellent job! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Margaret said...

Great interpretation of the photo!

maria f. said...

Fabulous ping!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a terrific take on the challenge Susanne, great design layout! Hazel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...