Saturday, January 10, 2015

Happy belated Birthday, Dora!

Thursday night the 7 Cardologists celebrated Dora B.'s birthday. It was actually right after Christmas but she preferred that we celebrate it later and this was the first time we were all together again. 

This is the card I made for her and there is a funny story that goes with it. We all have a million of these dew drops (half domes made of glass) in every color that we bought when our LSS had them on sale way back when. So when we make a card often one of us suggests jokingly using some of our dew drops. That's why I wanted to use as many as possible on Dora's card. (12 used only 999,988 to go...) Also because I could hand deliver it. Those dew drops are very bulky and make mailing a pain. (I am thinking of challenging myself to use lots of them on all of their cards this year, shhh!)  
I colored strips of vellum with the only set of Spectrum Noir Markers that I own. Bought them months ago and only opened them now! How sad is that!



keepintouchcards.blogspot.com



Stamp: Avery Elle (sentiment)
Punch: Carl Carla Design

Sending this to the following challenges (Thank you, Darnell, for a very thorough list of Challenges, including links! Your rock!):

NBUS #3 (my Spectrum Noir markers), second entry




Simon Says Monday Challenge "Old and New" (new are my Spectrum Noir markers, old are the dew drops)

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "New" (my Spectrum Noir markers)

Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Seize the Birthday (no toppings)

Our Badge


Pals Paper Art





Hope your weekend is fun and relaxed! Thanks for your visit and your kind comments! They make me so happy!

Hugs,
Susanne

P.S. Btw, I updated my last post with a new photo of the card made in daylight. Really didn't like the other one.




19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susanne, this is darling! Love the little vellum flowers and the "dew drops." Thanks so much for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Virginia L. said...

What a delightful card, Susanne! I love the placement of flowers and use of white enamel dots! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge! Also, I appreciate that you always take the time to leave me some blog love! Liebe Greusse

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card Susanne, love the coloured vellum and I can relate to the dew drops! Cathy x

Anita in France said...

Love this, Susanne ... it's so pretty ... and so precisely executed ... gorgeous! Anita :)

Emma Williams said...

Very pretty card and I love your use of vellum and the placement of flowers! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a pretty card, and your dew drop story made me laugh.
I have just re-discovered a little pot of them and used them on my latest card!!
Caroline xxx

Rosmarie said...

Wunderschön, die Farbabstufung von hell nach dunkel der Blumen!
Ich wünsch dir einen schönen Sonntag.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Einfach wunderschoen, diese ombre daisies! Das Verschicken ist nicht immer einfach mit solchen Karten....aber die dew drops mussten einfach drauf - ich versuche auch immer nach Moeglichkeit solche Kartrn persoenlich zu uebergeben.....

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty! Love the soft little flowers and the "dew drops." Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is lovely Susanne! I love the ombre look to those pretty little flowers, such a soft card! Hazel x

Karren said...

Fabulous ombre card!

cm said...

Hahahahah...oh, you've given me the giggles with this post, Susanne (THANK YOU!). Those dew drops look quite fetching as flower centers...bet the remaining 999,988 are a wee bit jealous! Your card is pure delight: a bouquet of sweet ombre flowers, hand made with love, and delivered 'free'...awesome! Your support of late: appreciated more than I have words to express! So grateful and blessed to count you as a friend!
Hugs~c

Hannelie said...

So soft and lovely Susanne... I love this!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

Kim M said...

Love this Susanne! The coloured vellum is great and I love the design. :-)

Mike said...

This is a great CAS card, Susanne! I love this style of card! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

maria f. said...

This is so pretty and I really think you should start a tradition of using those dew drops on all their cards. What a great story that would make over the years ;)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Susanne, so pretty and feminine and the design is lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Darnell said...

You're welcome, Susanne! Thank YOU for entering my NBUS Challenge #3 as part of your array! Challenges are FUN!! And so is this fab card for Dora! I love how you did your ombre vellum flowers and filled them with dot centers. It's actually a pretty design and not like a jokey card at all! I love those dot embellies! I'm heading over to wish Dora a belated birthday! Thanks again! Hugs, Darnell

Manuela said...

süße Karte mit all den Blumen in den Farbabstufungen. (Musste lachen, als ich dein Post gelesen habe, kenne das mit dem kaufen und erst spät oder gar nicht benutzen ;-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...