Monday, October 26, 2015

Cute Halloween Kitty

It was sweet Carol's turn over at Inkspirational to pick a theme and her choice was "Cute Halloween or pumpkin/owl". And thanks to generous Dora B. I have a very cute card for you today because she brought this adorable little cat from Purple Onions for us to play with. We also got this cool SU spiderweb doily from her! Thank you, Dora!
Just look at that sweet face of the kitty and the pumpkin!






Stamps: Purple Onion (cat)
Die: spider (belongs to our friend Melba and I am not sure which company it was)
Other: spiderweb doily (Stampin' Up), patterned paper (from my stash)

Jules gave us the tip that when you use Stickles to attach a (transluscent) dewdrop it will sparkle beautifully. I tried it out here (see center of the spiderweb) and love the sparkle!

Funny story (or maybe not so funny...): Because of the fat dewdrop I brought this card to the post office today to mail it since it's not machinable. Only now looking at it on the screen I realized that I mailed it without writing or stamping ANYTHING in it!!!! NOTHING!!!! I was so intent on finishing it, taking a picture, and then putting it carefully in an envelope that I totally forgot that I hadn't written anything on the inside! Arghhhh! Will have to call the friend and apologize...


Challenge (please click on the link to see what the fabulous DT made, look at the gallery, and find out about rules) :

Inkspirational #94 "Cute Halloween or pumpkin/owl"







Take care and always make sure to write something in and sign your cards before mailing them!

Hugs,
Susanne





13 comments:

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... love that story, Susanne ... even with nothing written in your fun card, your friend will treasure this cute and adorable (and ever so slightly spooky!) little sweetie! Hugs, Anita :)

papierelle said...

Sooooo süß kann Halloween sein und dann mag ich's auch!!!
LG Gundi

Kim M said...

Super cute card! Love the web on the green and that cat is adorable! Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Rosmarie said...

Oh, wie goldig!!
Hier in Frankreich gibt es auch Halloween und bei uns auf dem Land kommen manche Kinder verkleidet um sich Bonbons zu holen, aber ob das nun so richtig mit allem was dazu gehört gefeiert wird weiß ich nicht. Ich bin kein Halloween Fan und habe mir desshalb keine Gedanken darüber gemacht.
Ich wünsche dir ein schönes WE.
GLG Rosi

Greta said...

Super cute card! I'm so glad you told about not writing on the inside. Thought I was the only one who's done that! I remembered the second my husband returned from mailing the card!

Darnell said...

Oh, Susanne, you have me laughing like an idiot. I'm sorry, but I could just picture me doing the EXACT same thing with a card, so I thought it was hysterical! And the card is fabulous! You can't beat that PO Halloween cat, but I think that web is the star of the show! That is seriously AWEmazing and the stickle-sticking is genius!! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Wholeheartedly agree with Darnell's comment above . . . but can go one better as I've ACTUALLY done the same thing as you . . . sent card . . . nothing written inside! D'OH!

Great card and I'm sure your friend will love it. Just tell her you wrote it in invisible ink!

I hope you give Zentangling a try . . . it's good fun and relaxing.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a sweet Halloween kitty! I'm just as bad with the same sort of thing only the other day, just finished a card by adhering the focal layer to the card base . . . upside down! :O Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely darling! You are so awesome with critter cards, Susanne! Love this to bits!

Bonnie said...

What a cute kitty and aren't you lucky to get a SU spiderweb doily!

Manuela said...

süße Karte, das Netz von Su finde ich auch klasse! :-)

cm said...

Oh my...I'm blushing at your little shout out - thank you! I'm smitten with everything on your marvelous card: the darling Halloween-costumed kitten, the pretty web, the sparkling dewdrop. Spook-tacular! Your story about mailing your card makes me smile; sounds like something I would do! Actually, the Halloween card I sent to my niece was sent back to me, apparently also 'unmachinable.' I added another stamp and shipped it off. Fingers crossed it carries on its travels! Thank you so much for joining us at Inkspirational with this gem!
hugs~c

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh wie nett! Die kleine Katze ist einfach niedlich!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...