Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Another Watercolor Technique!

This was one of the techniques from the bonus day of the Watercolor Class. Yana used the Petal Points from Colorbox for watercoloring! Now, maybe you knew already but I certainly didn't that you can use pigment ink pads for watercoloring! Those Petal Point ink pads used to be very popular. I still have some that are pretty dry (don't ask me why I haven't thrown them out) and I was curious to see if they would work. And they did! I like how you get a softer, more pastel look.





The sentiment is from Avery Elle, the little designs from various companies. The strip on the left is raised.

I don't know if any pigment ink pad would work or only Colorbox. Why don't you try it out? You just dip you not-too-wet brush into the ink pad and paint onto watercolor paper. And remember even almost dry ink pads work. See, that's why I didn't throw those Petal Points out. I knew that someone would come up with a way to use them!

I am entering this card in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Anything goes" which closes soon.

Thanks for your visit!

Hugs,
Susanne



6 comments:

cm said...

Susanne - wonderful card! Have to love it when some 'oldies' prove themselves to still be 'goodies', as is the case with your Colorbox inks. I have a couple sets of 'tower' mini Colourboxes (is that correct?), so I'll give them a try. If they work, card for sure, because the colours really are pretty. Now I'm all curious!! Lovely card; fabulous tips! Hugs~c

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! What a lovely background! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

In my humble opinion you can use any ink for anything - I always choose the color first and then the ink second.....like I have some of those Memento Luxe and they are fantastic for sponging - everybody always loves the distress inks, but I find the color palette quite limited...I always ink up an acrylic block and then take the ink off there, to not ruin my ink pads, but if they are dry....why don't you just moisten them with water and see what happens.....I almost forgot - beautiful background!

Kim M said...

Well, I certainly didn't know you could use those petal points for water colouring! Cool! You card is fab! Love the softness of the background. :-)

Anita in France said...

Such wonderful, soft colours, Susanne ... gorgeous with the sequins! Don't you just love it when new life is breathed into old craft stuff? Anita :)

Dora B. said...

Never throw throw out anything .... Thanks for sharing this idea for old inks.
Have a safe trip To Germany, Susanne.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...