Monday, September 23, 2013

Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Wednesday Challenge

Hi there,

One of my hobbies is photography and before I stamped my cards I used photographs to make cards. I still like to do that but now I combine pictures with stamps and diecuts, etc. I recently bought this "happy" die (among other things) from Simon Says Stamp! and used it on my husband's birthday card. I know it is very simple but that's what he likes. I didn't choose this photo because it is so amazing but because it is the view from our campsite that we are lucky enough to get almost every summer and because it had lot of sky and worked well with the die. (Sorry, the picture of the card is not the best. It looks much better IRL.)



I would like to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Wednesday Challenge where we should use something that is available at their store. 

Have a great week with lots of time to create,

Susanne

Die: Simon Says Stamp!
Stamp: Hero Arts


6 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Sehr romantisch - schoen, mal was anderes - ich denk auch immer mal dran meine Fotos zu verwursteln, aber dann mache ich es nie....

Cathy said...

Wow, looks like a stunning spot to camp! My hubby takes photos of wildlife at our place and I've used those pics to make cards too. It's a great idea :) Cathy x

Darnell said...

Here I am! Thank you for sending me the email, Susanne! I'm delighted to return the compliment and follow you and will introduce you on my next post. I've started at the beginning of your journey and I love the cards you've made and the way your creativity shines! Like you, I use very old stamps and no one seems to mind. It's the general idea and layout of the card that most inspires (IMHO). I love this card, too, and like you, I often make cards from my photographs. Thank you for this inspired idea to use one of my word dies like this. I think it's genius!

Your quote idea is great, too! I see other blogs that are now linking to and introducing their followers like I do. While imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I think it's super cool that you are adding your own style and twist to make it uniquely yours and not just a direct copy. And thank you, BTW, for the shoutout to me in a recent post. I appreciate that!

I'll follow you by email, too, so I can try and pop in whenever you publish something new. (I'm sometimes get behind on that.) Have a great day and again, welcome to this wonderful blogging community!! Let me know if you ever have any questions. Hugs, Darnell

Melissa Bove said...

Love photo cards! And yours is no exception! Such a beautiful photo!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Inkyfingers said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful spot to take a holiday, and I love how you used the photo on a card. Such a great idea to die cut the word and this makes such a great masculine card too!

Rosmarie said...

Vielleicht erfindest du gerade eine neue Art Karten zu basteln ;-)
Ich finde die Idee mit dem gestanzten "happy" im Foto total genial!!! Muß ich mir anmerken.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...