Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Case Study Challenge #207

This month's muse at the Case Study Challenge is Debby Hughes of lime doodle design who is right on top of my list of most admired card artists. I just love her light and airy cards! Plus she takes such wonderful pictures of her cards.





I didn't stamp on vellum but used a shimmery vellum butterfly and a thin strip of vellum underneath the sentiment. I started my card last week with my Thursday night stamping friends (I am so lucky to have them) and finished it at home because I couldn't decide which sentiment to use. (Of course it ended up being a birthday card because those are the ones I use most.) Dora B. showed us a technique where you stamp an image in a light color and then outline it with a glitter gel pen. Love that shimmery effect.


http://keepintouchcards.blogspot.com




Stamps: Stampin' Up (retired), unknown (sentiment)
Punch: McGill (butterfly)
Other: Faber Castell (colored pencils)


Check out the card Dora B. over at the 7 Cardologists made with the same technique. She used a different stamp set and watercolors. It's always fun to see how different our cards end up being!

Your visits and comments always make me happy!
Have a wonderful week,
Susanne



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Susanne, your colouring looks fantastic, love the subtle sparkle around the outlines too, so effective. cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the added touches on your card. I hope you like chocolate zucchini cake because that is what I am hoping to make this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love your coloring and sparkly outlines! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sweet card! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Susanne, die Karte sieht super aus, mit dem Schimmer und auch die Blüten sind so schön coloriert, die Karte gefällt mir sehr gut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining in with CASE Study challenge this week! I love all the glitter and shine :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Susanne.Lovely flowers and I do like a bit of vellum.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my stars, Susanne...this is a jaw-dropping, breath-taken away stunning card! Glittery gorgeous flowers, a sweet vellum butterfly, an eye-catching selection of soft colours...BEAUTIFUL! I took one look at Debby's inspiration card, oohed and ahhed with delight, then promptly decided that, nope, not even going to give this challenge a try as it's so far beyond anything I'm capable of doing. You, on the other hand, have stepped right up to the plate in creating this gem. Cheering and applauding your creativity...I'm calling "winner, winner'!! Thanks for the "winter weather' sympathy *grin* Far too early for snow...it's melting, but still...Maybe this first blast will keep the 'full on' winter at bay for a while (fingers crossed!)
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so beautiful, Susanne ... awesome colouring and I love all the shimmer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow--what a beautiful card! Love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! They make my day!
JUST IGNORE THE CAPTCHA AND HIT PUBLISH!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...